M2 Berry v1.0 Microphone

hello, where can I get a microphone to the M2 Berry V1.0? Is there a pin assignment for the 3.5mm jack ?

With best regards kwalter

Nice, that no one here, who can answer my question. According to the website http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-M2_Berry: Audio input - On board microphone. But what does not exist, you want to lead the buyer here on a false path or you do not even know what you have built and sold. Keep it up!:unamused:

At your Official Aliexpress Store say: 3.5mm Stereo Output mini-jack with microphone support

Do not you know what you do?

Hello Dear,

Welcome to the fourm. I understand your concern. image

As per this page it says 3.5mm jack with Mic support, but this is physical support next you will have to make sure that you have a working drivers for analogue audio to work as mentioned.

If you can share which OS are you using then maybe someone using the same os can help you with your query.

2019-05-13-debian-9-stretch-mate-desktop-preview-bpi-m2u-sd-emmc.img uname: Linux bpi-iot-ros-ai 3.10.108-BPI-M2U-Kernel #5 SMP Fri May 10 10:12:10 CST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

Can you check the list if audio device drivers? try using this command please and share the output.

aplay -l

card 1: audiocodec [audiocodec], device 0: SUNXI-CODEC sun8iw11codec-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 2: sndhdmi [sndhdmi], device 0: SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Both the Audio card is listed. Now can you explain how are you controlling the Audio Input & output?

As you mentioned you’re using Mate Desktop on this device. You should have the option in the icon tray to select which Audio device to use for Input and Output. Assuming you’re using HDMI cable to see the desktop screen HDMI becomes the default Audio output.

try to play around with the audio setting of the MATE DE. I think it should work fine. First I would suggest you to use 3.5mm jack with only headphone and check if you can hear audio through the jack. But make sure the audio output is selected to the Card 1 which is audiocodec.

I will check the aplay command to do the same from terminal.

speaker-test -c2 -D plughw:1,0

Try this.

ok, that’s all well and good, but where and how is the microphone connected?

For this I need the assignment of the 3.5 mm jack!

In the image of M2 Berry I can see a 3.5mm jack.

that’s nice, but it does not help me! What is the assignment (pinout) of the jack for the microphone input?

That’s the only and original question I have!

Banana Pi M2 Berry DOES NOT have jack input for microphone. Possible I2S connection means that you can connect e.g. MEMS mic but much easier would be to buy USB microphone. All depends on your need.

Hello, join the conversation. Reviewing the schematic does not have a microphone or microphone input jack

Screenshot_20220729-224421 Screenshot_20220729-224039

but apparently it has cvbs video output on the tvout3 pin.

Screenshot_20220729-232341

hello Is this the one you’re looking for? image