- you must have already done the "How to Flash Android to eMMC from Ubuntu"
- you must be able to boot into Android 6 on your BPi-M64 already.
I have prepared a set of open gapps easy for you to push to the /system folder
1. make sure your BPi-M64 is power connected and also USB OTG connected to your PC.
2. double check if your usb is connected by typing:
- if it shows one long unique id number under the List of devices means you are connected and ready to go.
type the following:
adb shell "rm -rf system/priv-app/PackageInstaller"
unzip the gapps.tar.gz file you have just downloaded.
- cd gapps
inside gapps folder, you should see only 1 system folder, then type:
adb push system /
adb shell "pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"
adb shell "pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"
adb shell "pm grant com.google.android.setupwizard android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"
adb shell "pm grant com.google.android.setupwizard android.permission.READ_CONTACTS"
after reboot, ignore any "unfortunately ... has stopped" message if got any... and please don't rush to open the apps yet, else it will cache the error and make things more complicated.
Fix Errors via Settings:
1. go to Settings->Apps
2. go into all the newly installed google apps, and go into the permissions, allow all of it that it suggest you to enable.
3. double check if any google apps that you miss adding the permissions.
4. reboot again by typing:
if you didn't listen and rushed to open apps before fixing the permissions, you will have to go to Settings->Apps->top right corner menu choose "Reset app preferences", then reboot, and then go fix the permissions first, then reboot, then it should be ok.