[Solved] How to flash emmc?

Simple question but seems there’s now answer in the Internet

How to flash emmc?

http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Getting_Start_with_M2_Ultra_/_Berry#Load_your_first_image_on_M2U_EMMC

I’m not sure if this is what I need. I meant that I have already installed Ubuntu Mate on eMMC but something went wrong and I want to start everything form the very beginning by erasing whole emmc and then boot from sdcard

Hello, you could install a system on your sd card, and boot your board from sd card, then execute

• dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1M count=1

Actually,you don’t need to clear emmc, board will boot from sd card preferentially, when you need to use emmc, just install new image on it.

So you’re suggesting that when sd card is inserted it will boot from it - ignoring what’s on emmc? Maybe my sd card is corrupted or the image wasn’t written there correctly but Banana Pi keeps restarting when sd card is inserted (seems that boot procedure from emmc is started but at some point it restarts. When I remove sd card I got just what’s in the other post I started:

Hello, sd card and emmc was separated,so could you please install image on your sd card again or check if the image was right?

after you boot from sd card, you could use “dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1M count=1” to erase emmc, here is to erase the first 1M of emmc area, but it is enough to erase the head information of the image in emmc. good luck.

Thanks your suggestions worked. Seems my sd card was wrongly formatted

How to format an eMMC?