How to Flash Android to eMMC from Ubuntu

1. Download BPI-M64_Android_HDMI_V1.zip https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXOLEji

2. Download LiveSuitV306_For_Linux64.zip https://pan.baidu.com/s/1nuXFnC1

3. Extract LiveSuitV306_For_Linux64.zip

4. install LiveSuit: sudo apt-get install dkms chmod +x LiveSuit.run ./LiveSuit.run after executing ./LiveSuit.run the files will be installed into your home ~/Bin folder

5. cd ~/Bin

6. sudo dpkg -i awdev-dkms_0.5_all.deb

7. sudo ~/Bin/LiveSuit/LiveSuit.sh

optional: connect HDMI cable to your monitor 8. must: connect 5V2A DC port to power and connect mini USB OTG port to PC, 9. after both DC port and USB OTG port are connected, press the small power button for 10 seconds until the red light is off. 10. double confirm LiveSuit is running on ubuntu… 11. extract BPI-M64_Android_HDMI_V1.zip 12. from LiveSuit choose the img file BPI-M64_Android_HDMI_V1.img as shown in attached image

important and carefull: 13. double confirm the bpi-m64 board red light is off, 14. carefull and press the tiny U-boot button which is located behind ethernet port. 15. make sure pressing and holding the U-boot button, dont release! 16. now use another hand and press power button, hold the power button for 1-2 seconds until u see the red light is on, make sure your hands do not touch any circuit, and another hand still pressing the U-boot button 17. Until you see the LiveSuit pop up a dialog asking you to format and flash… then can release all button. 18. click yes to proceed flashing Android to eMMC.

if you fail to press u-boot button and power button correctly… you dont need to unplug anything… just press the power button for 10 seconds to power off, and try the uboot+power on again.

1 Like

Good job. I like it …

ADB doesn´t work, M64 isn´t recognized by pc over micro usb

you can install 3rd-party driver.And try again http://pro.25pp.com/download/25pp_wdjgw/8009

Sorry, I don´t understand the purpose of the linked download, the program doesn´t install drivers, doesn´t work. All characters are in chinese, I dont understand anything. It looks that is for IOS products not for BPI. The MTP USB drivers problem and BPI M64 Android drivers problem still continue in Windows 7, with and without installing linked program.

Which version of ubuntu did you use? I tried ubuntu images on here. 2017-8-13, 2017-8-14, 2018-1-5. but all failed. ./LiveSuit.run execution has an warning ( version ‘-’ has bad syntax…).

Lots of help going on in this thread, I can feel the love…

1 Like

To anyone trying this in Lord’s Year 2020, here are some English instructions, ie “How I got it to work with my M2+”…

Do what the first post says:

• install LiveSuit.
  • install the drives in the ~/Bin -directory (awdev… -file).

Edit your configuration (just for the hell of it, I don’t think it matters since you have to sudo it anyway, but I’m tracing my step here). Do:

sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules

And enter:

SUBSYSTEM!="usb_device", ACTION!="add", GOTO="objdev_rules_end"
   #USBasp
   ATTRS{idVendor}=="1f3a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="efe8", GROUP="text",
   MODE="0666"
   LABEL="objdev_rules_end"

Replace the text in GROUP=“text” with your user’s group name (ie. usually same as your username).

Now reboot (just humor me)…

Now, go to ~/Bin/Livesuit and run: sudo ./LiveSuit.sh

Here’s the thing: forget the “mandatory upgrade firmware step” -instructions. They’re A) engrish and B) wacky. So just…

• Plug in the BananaPi (as in “USB cable from PC to micro-USB ‘OTG’-port on BananaPi”)
  • press the “uboot” button, and keep it down, then
  • press reset
  • release “uboot”

If you did everything right software wise, the LiveSuit should recognize the hardware and ask you if you want to format or not when you upgrade.

Personally I had to flash the thing couple of times, before I noticed that that right after “100% success”, it apparently “reboots” or something and goes to “well, damn - I cannot find the damn thing anymore”.