GPS module communicate using serial

How to connect his GPS module on serial port and configure driver on android or linux and find possion on google maps

NEO7M http://wiki.lemaker.org/images/thumb/6/65/Gps.png/400px-Gps.png Interface: TTL 3.3/5V Receive: 56 channel, GPS L1(1575.42Mhz) C/A code, SBAS:WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS Positioning accuracy: 2.5mCEP (SBAS:2.0mCEP) Tracking sensitivity: -162dBm Capture the sensitivity: -148dBm Serial communication baud rate: 9600

https://bananapi.gitbooks.io/bpi-m3/content/bpi-m3_gpio_pin_define.html

VCC - 1 3V3 GND - 6 GND TX - 10 UART0_RXD RX - 8 UART0_TXD

1 Like

iam asking for software,it can work under android? and locate the device?

it can run in linux and andoroid ,

It just connect to serial port and perform normally without any doing configuration on system ? :neutral_face:

Hi sinovoip,

I am working on PM 2.5 sensor on BPi M2 at Ubuntu 15.04. I can only find ttyS0 which is serial console but not other serial port, like ttyS2 the one mentioned by BPI_Q.

You said it work at Linux. Is there any easy way to enable ttyS2?? Since I am not very good at compiling image, is it possible to use official image to enable it??

Thanks,

My OS - Debian headless I plugged NEO7M TX - 10 UART0_RXD RX - 8 UART0_TXD and then what ? Perhaps an example in C ?

@sinovoip

20 days waiting for answer …& …nope…

How can I use to set the minicom to GPS ? How can I GPIO pins “define” as to use UART (TX & RX) ?

I have bought a GPS module, and I will test it. I think after next 20 days, I will write something about GPS.

You have to modify the sys_config.fex for your board, and comment the lines defining the GPIO on the same pins as the ones used by the serial 2 or 3, and set the “used” flag to true for the corresponding USART :).

Is there a way to use modified sys_config.fex without recompiling whole BSP?

It should work ! Both systems use the same method and share a common sys_config.fex / BSP (partially ?), so it should work. I posted a topic some time ago about this issue : Android sys_config customization and peripherals . You need to edit the fex file, process it to get a bin, then replace whatever file needs to be replaced.

On linux, we rebuild the kernel to fit to our needs anyway, so I can’t tell exactly how to do it without recompiling everything. It worked on android though, so I guess it’s possible !