Frequent freeze-ups of M2U

It failed about 8 AM Apr 22

Can we see if there was something previously: grep “Apr 21” kern.log.1 and do you recall what possible process you were running?

Nothing special:

It failed during I was asleep and server did nothing.

I’m in the same situation, my banana pi m2 ultra crash every 2 days. I’m using Debian 8 Jessie lite and with kernel 3.10.65. There is a stable version? I really need it since the banana pi is far away from and I can’t reset it very often. From every log I can’t infer anything. The only strange thing is that I have a lot of failed ssh connection (it seems a brute force attack). But I’m using fail2ban and public key so I think that there are no problems.

Hi all,

I have just purchased a banana pi m2 ultra. I am looking for a stable debian jessie lite install for this board. Where do I find them / any?

Is it likely that a new build for debian jessie will be released soon?

You can try my workarround:
echo “performance” > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

or modify /etc/default/cpufrequtils with:
GOVERNOR=performance

and then restart BPI.

Now I am uptime:
15:21:11 up 14 days, 23:34, 1 user, load average: 1,29, 1,33, 1,32

I’ve done it and my banana pi crashes more often than before. I’m using 2017-01-20-debian-8-jessie-lite-beta3-bpi-m2u.img.zip that I found here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_YnvHgh2rwjR0JsaUltalFXanc. Now I’ve set again interactive as governor. Still waiting a more stable firmware. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Any reason that you are not using the more recent jessie image? There is one released in April. It’s in the same google drive folder as in your post.

I’m still waiting for my M2U to be delivered from China. Reading this thread, i am not pleased that I bought it. Seems like the hardware has some issues and firmware is unstable.

The support/help from the BPI guys is terrible but overall the community is helpful.

I’m use Centos image. And uptime more 2 month. All is fine.

Where is the CentOS image for M2U?

Images here: Obviously maintained by someone other than webmaster. Old links at the top of the page. Occasionally a BananaPi person will drop in to answer some little something, but mostly the BananaPi posts are just BPi related things some barely English-speaking person scrapes from the web.

I’m use kernel 3.10.104

Thanks for your reply. I cannot find anything related to CentOS in that page. I event searched Centos but found nothing.

centos-lite. it’s on the page i linked but here’s a direct link

Got it. Thanks very much.

Since I’v modified governor to performance it is stable. No other modifications, only power source from notebook and 6/12V stabilizator for BPI/3.5" disk:

root@bananapi:~# uptime
10:05:45 up 76 days, 18:19, 1 user, load average: 1,10, 1,11, 1,13

I also experienced freeze up in centos 7

See An unofficial method to solve instability problem