Flashing Android Firmware fails - what are the prerequisites?

I bought the M2+ board and want to use it as an Android car navigation box, but failed in flashing your Android image on SD card or MMC. I have an up-to-date Laptop with 64bit Debian (aptosid) and USB 3 host, dual-boot with Windows 10. On Linux after flashing for 2 minutes, LiveSuit gives the error “too many devices”. That seems to mean the board is recognized by USB 2 and 3 simultaneously and the xhci module has to be blacklisted. After doing that, the problem persists. If I blacklist xhci_pci or xhci_hcd as well, USB stops working. No ehci module is loaded.

On my older PC without USB3, running 32bit aptosid and 64bit siduction (both debian) in dual-boot, the board does not get recognized. Same on my Laptop running Windows 10 no matter under which compatibilty mode I run PhoenixSuit, if I run it as Admin or not. An SD card flashed with Windows PhoenixCard does not boot- Maybe it does boot and no picture is seen on my DVI Monitor, but usually I get at least a flashing image, but here “no signal” and the board’s LED shows red.

I guess my systems are too new or too old and I wonder on which kind of Linux or Windows systems the flash tools are tested. I could install Ubuntu on one of my PCs if I know it will work.

So far, I resorted to h3droid.com whose image could be installed by my Kindergarten children if I had any… :slight_smile: Maybe you could exchange resources with the h3droid team.

btw. be aware of Google’s new Play Store policy:

To make my eeti eGalax touch screen working, I usually have to patch the kernel and build a customized system. I guess then I will be unable to use Play Store. This happened on another SBC already, seems I have to do without Google. White-listing did not work for me: Google’s site complained the Android ID not being 16 digits long, but it was. With h3droid my touch screen works out of the box, amazingly. I wonder how it works with your image if I am able to use it.

And I am looking forward to your Android 7 image already announced!

Cheers Alexander

are you test this image ??? android 4.4 V3

android 7.0 will coming soon

I tried, but the flash tool is not working. So it is not the image’s fault.

Yes, i try android 4 v3, after update all packages, netflix and others update to new version not work with v3 more.

Can someone report on which kind of system you were able to flash the M2+ Android image to MMC or SD card? Wich Linux distri or windows version, laptop or desktop, USB 2 or 3.