deb_stretch_4.14.13_SD.img help

So this is where I got to:

1. Built an SD imaged with deb_stretch_4.14.13_SD.img
  2. Booted fine
  3. Used console to move RootFS to SSD and setup basic networking
  4. Deployed a new kernel (4.14.71 - deployed new uImage and files to /lib/modules)
  5. Rebooted and came up fine.
  6. Updated (apt-et updat, upgrade, dist-upgrade)
  7. Installed ufw and added OpenSSH to rules
  8. On entering ufw enable I get:

root@bpi-r2:/# ufw enable Command may disrupt existing ssh connections. Proceed with operation (y|n)? y ERROR: problem running ufw-init modprobe: FATAL: Module nf_conntrack_netbios_ns not found in directory /lib/modules/4.14.71-bpi-r2-main iptables-restore: line 38 failed ip6tables-restore: line 138 failed ip6tables-restore: line 38 failed

Problem running '/etc/ufw/user.rules'
Problem running '/etc/ufw/before6.rules'
Problem running '/etc/ufw/user6.rules'

Any clues??

Seems to need nf_conntrack_netbios_ns

Try to add this option to config

Which config does this need adding to?

│ Symbol: NF_CONNTRACK_NETBIOS_NS [=n]                                                                                                      │  
  │ Type  : tristate                                                                                                                          │  
  │ Prompt: NetBIOS name service protocol support                                                                                             │  
  │   Location:                                                                                                                               │  
  │     -> Networking support (NET [=y])                                                                                                      │  
  │       -> Networking options                                                                                                               │  
  │         -> Network packet filtering framework (Netfilter) (NETFILTER [=y])                                                                │  
  │ (2)       -> Core Netfilter Configuration                                                                                                 │  
  │   Defined at net/netfilter/Kconfig:250                                                                                                    │  
  │   Depends on: NET [=y] && INET [=y] && NETFILTER [=y] && NF_CONNTRACK [=m]                                                                │  
  │   Selects: NF_CONNTRACK_BROADCAST [=n]               

just add here:

the line

CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_NETBIOS_NS=m

run ./build.sh importconfig again and build.sh to recompile

Thanks, all done.

But I get other error with ufw, not got time to further look at this so have uninstalled ufw for now and will use iptables direct.

root@bpi-r2:/etc# ufw enable
Command may disrupt existing ssh connections. Proceed with operation (y|n)? y
ERROR: problem running ufw-init
ip6tables-restore: line 138 failed

Problem running '/etc/ufw/before6.rules'

Try to look in ip6tables-restore: line 138

if there any modules missing to get ufw running, i can add them to my defconfig, but you have to say me them :wink: