So this is where I got to:
- Built an SD imaged with deb_stretch_4.14.13_SD.img
- Booted fine
- Used console to move RootFS to SSD and setup basic networking
- Deployed a new kernel (4.14.71 - deployed new uImage and files to /lib/modules)
- Rebooted and came up fine.
- Updated (apt-et updat, upgrade, dist-upgrade)
- Installed ufw and added OpenSSH to rules
- On entering ufw enable I get:
root@bpi-r2:/# ufw enable Command may disrupt existing ssh connections. Proceed with operation (y|n)? y ERROR: problem running ufw-init modprobe: FATAL: Module nf_conntrack_netbios_ns not found in directory /lib/modules/4.14.71-bpi-r2-main iptables-restore: line 38 failed ip6tables-restore: line 138 failed ip6tables-restore: line 38 failed
Problem running '/etc/ufw/user.rules' Problem running '/etc/ufw/before6.rules' Problem running '/etc/ufw/user6.rules'