Bpir2wrt Openwrt-Fork for BPI-R2

I made some effort to create a Openwrt fork for BPI-R2. I appreciate some help by changing luci configuration to match wmt wifi device. And switch config. I do this in my spare time. You are welcome to contribute issues and patches over github.

• Trunk branch is develop :thinking:, could be broken
  • Master is Master :wink:, should be last compiling version
  • Initial Release is release_001 Just clone and compile the usual openwrt way and you are good to go. Overlayfs is working didnt tested sata yet. For
4 Likes

Goals:

1. Make luci configuration work (new feed repository?)
  2. Make GPIO work
  3. Make BPIR2-GPIO-luci-app (new feed repository?)
  4. Make sunovoip to help us
  5. Best would be to shrink this crazy wifi driver some day

###UPDATE###

1. I removed unneeded files from branch R1 which is the initial branch for people who just want to download the sources for BPI-R2 and build a image for it.
  2. Changed image generation, changed file ending, removed zipping and metadata from sd and emmc images to remove unzip fault and ease use of win32imager for windows :face_vomiting: users :kissing_heart:

And make it work without this wmt-tools :slight_smile:

Hello. Can you provide me instruction how to flash image to sdcard and emmc?

Regards

you can refer to this link, thanks.

Unfortunately file mtk-bpi-r2-SD.img and mtk-bpi-r2-EMMC.img are not exist in whole bpir2wrt directory.
May I doing something wrong?
My ā€˜make menuconfigā€™ configuration is:

Target System: MediaTek Ralink ARM
Subtarget: MT7623
Target Profile: MTK7623n BananaPi R2
Target Images: ramdisk, squashfs

Is this correct?

Regards

Sry, i am very busy right now will reply in on thursday with instructions and updates ive done, repositorie will change probably as wellā€¦ sry guys for the late replyā€¦

you have done the compile-process (imho only make) and this is done without errrors?

Yes, I have no errors.

I am working on it at the moment will post a working and highly updated new version today!

Ok, done! I renewed the Branches and compiled a working version succesfull! MTK-WTD wifi driver is not configured for compilation on default. You need to checkout the repository again i removed R1 and introduced release_001 instead. Branches master develop and release_001 equal atm. INITIAL is very old dont use it! Uboot-Script will use your entire sdcard for userdata partition which is not mounted on boot use extroot for that! So you will have a always working rootfs configuration. on my sd card(32GB) Kernel command line generated by Uboot-Script is earlyprintk console=ttyS0,115200 block2mtd.block2mtd=/dev/mmcblk1,65536,RootFs,5 mtdparts=RootFs:512k(mbr)ro,512k(uboot)ro,512k(config)ro,512k(factory)ro,32M(kernel),32M(recovery),256M(rootfs),31232M(usrdata) rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 Iā€™ve not configured script for 64gb cards !

1 Like

I have configured mtk wifi to be compiled into image! Wifi canā€™t be configured via luci so stick to command line configuration if you like to use that dirt. Sad sinovoip, so sad!

Itā€™s because wifi-driver needs wmt-tools for showing the wifi-interface,iā€™ve tried to drop them,but without any help i cannot do this

What i think could be the easiest, is to change the parsing of config files so it is compatible with openwrt.

Ok i will put some links here dont now why Datasheet : https://www.datasheetspdf.com/pdf-down/M/T/6/MT6625L-MediaTek.pdf

Some hints about chip familiy: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/mediatek-wifi-bt-fm-gps-combo-chips-t3591182

Amazon EchoDot2 uses MT6625: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201626480

Mediatek: https://github.com/MediaTek-Connectivity/mt6620

Many Android Phones out there using this Chip drivers are diffrent to ours i think!

1 Like

Can you help me kick this wmt-tools?

Current problem is: if i call init on boot,some dts-nodes seem not available. See my boot.log in wifi-patching branch

first step should be change first 2 steps (wmtloader and stp uart launcher) to automatic call so we only set mode between client and ap

In /drivers/misc/mediatek/connectivity/common/conn_soc/core/include/wmt_conf.h #define CUST_CFG_WMT "WMT_SOC.cfg" WMT_SOC.cfg is defined

in /drivers/misc/mediatek/connectivity/common/conn_soc/core/wmt_conf.c it is created and parsed

looks like these are the variables we need

+	CHAR(coex_wmt_ant_mode),
+	CHAR(coex_wmt_ext_component),
+	CHAR(coex_wmt_wifi_time_ctl),
+	CHAR(coex_wmt_ext_pta_dev_on),
+	CHAR(coex_wmt_filter_mode),
+	CHAR(coex_bt_rssi_upper_limit),
+	CHAR(coex_bt_rssi_mid_limit),
+	CHAR(coex_bt_rssi_lower_limit),
+	CHAR(coex_bt_pwr_high),
+	CHAR(coex_bt_pwr_mid),
+	CHAR(coex_bt_pwr_low),
+	CHAR(coex_wifi_rssi_upper_limit),
+	CHAR(coex_wifi_rssi_mid_limit),
+	CHAR(coex_wifi_rssi_lower_limit),
+	CHAR(coex_wifi_pwr_high),
+	CHAR(coex_wifi_pwr_mid),
+	CHAR(coex_wifi_pwr_low),
+	CHAR(coex_ext_pta_hi_tx_tag),
+	CHAR(coex_ext_pta_hi_rx_tag),
+	CHAR(coex_ext_pta_lo_tx_tag),
+	CHAR(coex_ext_pta_lo_rx_tag),
+	SHORT(coex_ext_pta_sample_t1),
+	SHORT(coex_ext_pta_sample_t2),
+	CHAR(coex_ext_pta_wifi_bt_con_trx),
+	INT(coex_misc_ext_pta_on),
+	INT(coex_misc_ext_feature_set),
+	CHAR(wmt_gps_lna_pin),
+	CHAR(wmt_gps_lna_enable),
+	CHAR(pwr_on_rtc_slot),
+	CHAR(pwr_on_ldo_slot),
+	CHAR(pwr_on_rst_slot),
+	CHAR(pwr_on_off_slot),
+	CHAR(pwr_on_on_slot),
+	CHAR(co_clock_flag),
+	INT(sdio_driving_cfg),

Here in function

static INT32 wmt_conf_parse(P_DEV_WMT pWmtDev, const PINT8 pInBuf, UINT32 size)

we have the file read and the point where you can let the driver create the file itself if you like to

+INT32 wmt_conf_read_file(VOID)
+{
+	INT32 ret = -1;
+
+	osal_memset(&gDevWmt.rWmtGenConf, 0, osal_sizeof(gDevWmt.rWmtGenConf));
+	osal_memset(&gDevWmt.pWmtCfg, 0, osal_sizeof(gDevWmt.pWmtCfg));
+
+#if 1
+	osal_memset(&gDevWmt.cWmtcfgName[0], 0, osal_sizeof(gDevWmt.cWmtcfgName));
+
+	osal_strncat(&(gDevWmt.cWmtcfgName[0]), CUST_CFG_WMT_PREFIX, osal_sizeof(CUST_CFG_WMT_PREFIX));
+	osal_strncat(&(gDevWmt.cWmtcfgName[0]), CUST_CFG_WMT, osal_sizeof(CUST_CFG_WMT));
+#endif
+
+	if (!osal_strlen(&(gDevWmt.cWmtcfgName[0]))) {
+		WMT_ERR_FUNC("empty Wmtcfg name\n");
+		osal_assert(0);
+		return ret;
+	}
+	WMT_DBG_FUNC("WMT config file:%s\n", &(gDevWmt.cWmtcfgName[0]));
+	if (0 == wmt_dev_patch_get(&gDevWmt.cWmtcfgName[0], (osal_firmware **) &gDevWmt.pWmtCfg, 0)) {
+		/*get full name patch success */
+		WMT_DBG_FUNC("get full file name(%s) buf(0x%p) size(%d)\n",
+			      &gDevWmt.cWmtcfgName[0], gDevWmt.pWmtCfg->data, gDevWmt.pWmtCfg->size);
+
+		if (0 == wmt_conf_parse(&gDevWmt, (const PINT8)gDevWmt.pWmtCfg->data, gDevWmt.pWmtCfg->size)) {
+			/*config file exists */
+			gDevWmt.rWmtGenConf.cfgExist = 1;
+
+			WMT_DBG_FUNC("&gDevWmt.rWmtGenConf=%p\n", &gDevWmt.rWmtGenConf);
+			ret = 0;
+		} else {
+			WMT_ERR_FUNC("wmt conf parsing fail\n");
+			osal_assert(0);
+			ret = -1;
+		}
+		wmt_dev_patch_put((osal_firmware **) &gDevWmt.pWmtCfg);
+/*
+	if (gDevWmt.pWmtCfg)
+	{
+	    if (gDevWmt.pWmtCfg->data)
+	    {
+		osal_free(gDevWmt.pWmtCfg->data);
+	    }
+	    osal_free(gDevWmt.pWmtCfg);
+	    gDevWmt.pWmtCfg = 0;
+	}
+*/
+		return ret;
+	}
+	WMT_ERR_FUNC("read %s file fails\n", &(gDevWmt.cWmtcfgName[0]));
+	osal_assert(0);
+
+	gDevWmt.rWmtGenConf.cfgExist = 0;
+	return ret;
+}

No spare time left need to do different things sry I think we are working on diffrent kernel sources with diffrent patchset/ dts patches.

My problem was not the configā€¦i get an oops after that (enable power afair)

I realy dont know how to see the difference comming from your return exclude //return -1; This cant be enough right? I think i miss some of your changes there. But i am not really into it because i am very bussy right now with diffrent things. Is there some readme or explanaition what you have done so far? On the driver side ? Difficult for me to reverse engeneer your changes and the driver itself. But :+1: to your efforts

EDIT: Ahh sry got your wifi patching branch i am kinda dump

I donā€™t have any docsā€¦i tried only to move init-code from fd-trigger (wmt-loader sends a constant-value over a device-file to call init) to driver-init and skip read of config because filesystem is not mounted yet at this point

hi i looked through the echo dot 2 archive, but this seems kernel 3.18 and the wifi-driver looks like the one i used.

same function wmt_detect_unlocked_ioctl in connectivity/common_detect/wmt_detect.c which gets commands from wmt-tools over a char-device (/dev/wmtdetect)

this workflow i tried to remove so that the driver makes init on bootup (except echo because we need to select AP-Mode or Client-mode) so we can drop these wmt-tools

as for config-fileā€¦i did not read it because the options present in official (and mine) file are giving warnings so currently the file have to only exist (else kernel-crash) so i dropped the reading of it (filesystem is not ready at this point)

but iā€™m no driver expert, i need help for this