Bpi-w2 and iptables

See below…seem a library for iptables is missing. Installed ubuntu: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-base/releases/16.04/release/ubuntu-base-16.04.5-base-arm64.tar.gz

Any help on getting iptables to work would be GREAT! A must have it using device as a router for me using many of the iptables function: NAT, routing, etc.

thanks, g.

gartim@localhost:~$ \sudo /sbin/iptables -vnL sudo: unable to resolve host localhost.localdomain [sudo] password for gartim: modprobe: ERROR: …/libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file ‘/lib/modules/4.4.18-ning/modules.dep.bin’ modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.18-ning iptables v1.6.0: can’t initialize iptables table `filter’: Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Kernel 4.4 does not support iptables. You can try the latest Ubuntu image with kernel 4.9.

It supports. Somebody from this forum has compiled kernel 4.4.18 with iptables especially for me.

1 Like

this worked…now I need details on how to DIY the xcompiling of a workable kernel, dtb, modules, firmware, etc. G.)