BPI-R2 New image : Openwrt/LEDE 2017-09-08

No need to format the SD, please follow below steps to change the EMMC setting.

Hello Gary I have the same issue. Please, how can we manage to still boot from Emmc and keep custom settings over any reboot ? What is the alternative ? Keeping LEDE booting on SD Card ?

The squashfs and jffs2 are working fine, please check above comment for details.

I just copied the image onto the sd card, and when I try to boot the banana pi R2 I just get this kind of violet screen with no prompt/console or anything like that, can you help me out?

(Same issue like @pkalemba @Tohin @Maciek_Szelagowski)

To Have console you need to ssh or Have a uart serial cable, as i said in post above Lede does not Have graphical interface

Hello Gary Thanks for the information. Iā€™m trying to download the files from your Test_1023 directory since yesterday unsuccessfully. I will retry soon. Regards.

Itā€™s still available to download, please have a try.

I just scanned my network and my laptop and smartphone showed up, but not the banana pi, so thereā€™s nothing I can ssh into :disappointed_relieved:

Have dhcp running? Maybe you found the ip in the log of the dhcp-server

Or you can use debug-uart to login local to get ip

I donā€™t know if dhcp is running, and I donā€™t know where I could possibly get the log of the dhcp-server, because I donā€™t have a UART-Debug adapter. I just placed a lan-cable in the very left lan(/wan) port, and turned it on. But it should be powered on, because when I place a HDMI cable in the HDMI port, I get that violet screen, and all the lights are on.

I mean dhcp-server behind lan-connection (existing router,not the pi itself)

as @pkalemba said, lede has no graphical interfaceā€¦why no console,maybe hdmi is not supported yet.

debug-uart is the simplest way to find out whatā€™s wrongā€¦

Hello Gary I finally succeed in downloading and installing the files. Now my BPI R2 is up and running, and the settings are persistent. Thanks a lot for your help, i will now try to configure my router correctly. I need to learn everything about LEDE. Have a nice weekend. Regards

Hay great work but Iā€™m having a real problem trying to get the download as I only speak English I have tried everything but I still canā€™t get it please help

Canā€™t download as I only speak English and I have pressed every button but still donā€™t understand the download site :frowning:

why not just downloading the compiled image iā€™ve uploaded?

i have compiled that repo and uploaded image here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oP7jy1KrrIOifvImo2nQ59wx3_9hHkgk

• mtk-bpi-r2-SD.img
  • mtk-bpi-r2-EMMC.img
  • lede.img.md5
1 Like

@frank-w, Can you confirm that the WiFi chipset can be used as a access point with this image.

Also, if you are going to provide images for this device. Could you include instructions on how to implement these images into the BPI-R2 (especially seeing that there is still an ad-hoc approach when providing sufficent guides within this forum).

Whilst installing and running these images via a sd / tf card is fairly straightforward, however there is still a lot of confusion within this forum about copying and running the image directly from EMMC.

I have not tested it by myself yet. But ap-driver is included and i have used that in 4.14 where it works (except 2 bugs)

1 Like

@frank-w I downloaded your compiled images and installed them to my R2. Now, I want to install a webinterface, luci for example, but I cant. opkg says " unknown package ā€˜luciā€™ ". Are there other download sources I have to use? And how I can use wifi and wifi ap?

i have only compiled the sources to make it available outside baiduā€¦i have not tested the image and do not know anything about lede itself

maybe you have to setup the installer-system (package sources or similar)

@RW2003 Should this image work with HDMI? I have tried SD card with mtk-bpi-r2-SD.img image, and R2 seems to start and doing something, as I can see by looking at leds. But HDMI-connected display shows nothing other than just blinking