BPI-R2 new image: OpenWrt 18.06.2 source code fork

Can you share your builds?

have uploaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gx9BuU_QBlVZjadHr0vqEjna-MYm_cj8

currently default config from lexa2 (without luci, additional kernel options)

@LeXa2 i wonder why this image is so small (only a few mb)…but it was working after unpack and write with dd-command above

Thanks. Now I have got another router (old alix 2d2) and can test BPi R2

I tried to compile openwrt from your branch, and got this errors:

maciek@ubuntu-18-04:~/openwrt$ make
WARNING: Makefile 'package/utils/busybox/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libpam', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/utils/busybox/Makefile' has a build dependency on 'libpam', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/utils/curl/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libgnutls', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/utils/curl/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libopenldap', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/utils/curl/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libidn2', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/utils/curl/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libssh2', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/boot/kexec-tools/Makefile' has a dependency on 'liblzma', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/network/services/lldpd/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libnetsnmp', which does not exist
 make[1] world
 make[2] target/compile
 make[3] -C target/linux compile
 make[2] diffconfig
 make[2] package/cleanup
 make[2] package/compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/libjson-c host-compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/libubox host-compile
 make[3] -C package/system/opkg host-compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/toolchain compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/libnl-tiny compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/libjson-c compile
 make[3] -C package/utils/lua compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/libubox compile
 make[3] -C package/system/ubus compile
 make[3] -C package/system/uci compile
 make[3] -C package/network/config/netifd compile
 make[3] -C package/firmware/linux-firmware compile
 make[3] -C package/firmware/prism54-firmware compile
 make[3] -C package/kernel/linux compile
 make[3] -C package/system/ubox compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/ncurses host-compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/zlib compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/ncurses compile
 make[3] -C package/utils/util-linux compile
 make[3] -C package/libs/lzo compile
 make[3] -C package/utils/mtd-utils compile
 make[3] -C package/system/fstools compile
 make[3] -C package/system/fwtool host-compile
 make[3] -C package/system/fwtool compile
 make[3] -C package/system/procd compile
 make[3] -C package/system/usign host-compile
 make[3] -C package/utils/jsonfilter compile
 make[3] -C package/system/openwrt-keyring compile
 make[3] -C package/system/usign compile
 make[3] -C package/base-files compile
 make[3] -C package/boot/uboot-envtools compile
 make[3] -C package/boot/uboot-mediatek compile
make -r world: build failed. Please re-run make with -j1 V=s or V=sc for a higher verbosity level to see what's going on
/home/maciek/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:216: recipe for target 'world' failed
make: *** [world] Error 1

anyone can help me what should I do?

I’m using this: v18.06.2-cygwin-bpir2-rc1 branch

please do “make -j1 V=s”

./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a

To install the depencies…

I had install the dependencies then (log is to long I had to attach it as text file)

openwrt.txt (239,5 KB)

unable to execute 'swig': No such file

You need to install swig

PYMOD   scripts/dtc/pylibfdt/_libfdt.so
scripts/dtc/pylibfdt/libfdt_wrap.c:149:11: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
# include <Python.h>
       ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

python 2.7 is installed

You need python-dev to get header-files

Hello, I’ve built the image and everything works fine but when I want to install the openvpn-openssl package it gives the following error:

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for openvpn-openssl:
 *      kernel (= 4.14.95-1-fa5607930cc040ff4e3fc4243125d7eb)
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openvpn-openssl.

While the kernel version should be the same:

root@OpenWrt:~# uname -r

Can anyone help me?

edit: I solved the problem by adding the “openvpn-openssl” package in the menuconfig: “Network” -> “VPN” -> “openvpn-openssl”.

Hello, When the BPI boots with a cable connected in the WAN port the WAN interface is unable to get an IP and the following error is given in the logs:

daemon.notice netifd: wan (2398): udhcpc: received SIGTERM

While when I first boot the BPI and only afterwards plug a cable into the WAN port everything works fine. The WAN port is configured as a DCHP client.

The full log file: logs.txt (40.0 KB)
Config file used for building the image: config (181.8 KB) `

A sequence of zeroes is something that gets compressed to a single KB digits by gzip or bzip2. Images are mostly zeroes (few megabytes of real data on a hundreds of megabytes sized filesystem) thus they do compress well and you end up with tiny images.

openvpn is a package that links with a particular kernel used. As kernel in upstream openwrt binary repo differs from the kernel in your image (thus most probably difference is not that big and things might work OK… theng again might not - it’s a lottery) opkg prevents installing upstream package with kernel dependency into your image. Best way to handle situations like this is to build this package yourself together with image. Use make menuconfig and select openvpn-openssl. For some packages you might have to use ./scripts/feeds install <package name> to make them show up in menuconfig.

Right…i’m aware of it,but 6mb is really small…my kernelbinary is also compressed near same size and then additional the files for os which are not compressable like binaries.

Note: Boot and root partition sizes are defined under “Target Images —>” menu in menuconfig. Default sizes are 32Mb for boot and 256Mb for root. It is OK to resize any of these using partition management utilities after writing the image to the SD card.

Can somebody point me how to do it?

Also, is it possible to write this image to EMMC?

edit:
Forget it.

Files:

openwrt-mediatek-mt7623-7623n-bananapi-bpi-r2-ext4-sdcard.img.gz
openwrt-mediatek-mt7623-7623n-bananapi-bpi-r2-ext4-sysupgrade.tar.gz

not exist.
These files are not being created. Only file that I get is “root.ext4”
I give up and leave this fork. I don’t want to play with this anymore.

Regards

Any errors while compiling?

I guess you miss any depency

Compilation runs without any errors, just most important files are being not generated.
Only option what I changed is C library to glibc, because I need it for one program (https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network) that I want to run on Banana Pi.

Reason why I trying to use other build tools for Banana Pi is that lokinet needs glibc 2.29 to run, so I need to compile toolchain with that version of glibc.
I trying now to use external toolchain. Maybe this is topic to separated thread, but in crosstool-ng I experiencing erros (https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng/issues/963)

But, anyway, frank-w can you point me how to make ext4 rootfs partiion?

Regards.

I had only tried to compile the repo as it is…had not changed anything in menuconfig…and i got the ext4-image which contains a ext4-partition for rootfs

So try first without modifying anything and then change 1 by 1 till the images are not created/updated

1 Like

Unfortunately still the same.
I give up.

Can you give me some instructions how to make ext4 rootfs from this image: BPI-R2 LEDE source code for hardware NAT

and flash it to EMMC?