BPI-R2 new image : Armbian with kernel 4.19.y 2018-11-5,support by armbian

Yes. It works perfectly fine. With Armbian.

Images were rebuilt - fixed power down, onboard wireless (but disabled due to poor performance) … and enabled and tested many 3rd party mPCI cards and USB adaptors.

1 Like

Another rebuild - eMMC install is working now.

btw. i have uploaded today ~700MB in 5 Minutes (~2m away from r2) over internal wifi-card and over lan0 to my NAS =~ 2,3 MB/s (kernel 4.14.52 on debian stretch, 1 client simultanously connected 2.4GHz, 3 wifi overlapping on same channel [2])

are there any option to upgrade eMMc install? (from your latest rebuild)

That is nice. I had different kind of troubles - I can connect to my router but not long after driver is crashed. I might look into this once again when I find some time.

No. Those kernels are too different which means a lot of work. Except HDMI, there is nothing that important left to port.

No, only supported builds have that luxury. This require costly manual intervention and is directly connected with our small resources.

which Parts are too different? it’s mainline-Kernel, i’ve added features by merges, which you can also use to integrate in your Kernel…

Sorry, mixed for BSP kernel.

Hello, I have installed desktop env. in Armbian, but there is no graphics driver for Mali GPU, so when I’m connected via remote desktop from Windows, visual response is very slow and it is not possible to start a web browser (Chromium, Firefox etc.) due to missing GPU driver too. Could someone help me, ideally step by step, how to compile GPU driver (for example this https://developer.arm.com/products/software/mali-drivers/utgard-kernel). I am newbie, so I do not know, how to do that, or if is it possible to simply copy&paste driver and its components from previous Linux Distros with installed desktop env. Thanks for answer

hello dear all - can i run this new image on a Banana Pi M2 ?

love to hear from you

greetings

Video or any other acceleration doesn’t work via remote desktop. Will never work. MALI is no GPU driver but 3D engine usable mainly for gaming, KODI menus, etc … Video acceleration within a Chromium is not developed on any ARM linux because (free software) development is complex and expensive.

There is no step by step and usually its a lot of work. Also for those who understand things and for you if you want to learn.

@say_hello Bananapi M2 Browse: https://www.armbian.com/download/?tx_maker=sinovoip or pick M2: https://www.armbian.com/bananapi-m2u/

For remote (only) desktop you don’t need a hardware-specific driver. You can simply install+run a virtual desktop like vncserver (i have running) or xrdp

hello dear all - want to run this on BANANA PI M 2

is this doable - where to find the download !?

Igor have give you the right answer…this is banana pi r2 forum

Sorry to bug. I bought me r2 a year ago with a Mini PCIe Module QCA9880 WPEA-352ACN. I had big plans for this router as i travel a lot and this would make an amazing all in one router/server. Unfortunately i have had zero luck at all making any mpcie wireless cards work at all. I see that you tested the qca9880. I have not yet had a chance to test any of the armbian builds as i unfortunately did not bring it with me this trip. Anyway, were you successful in getting this card to work? If so will it work right out of box or is there anything required to actually get it working? I am very very eager to try out these builds. I use armbian on all my pi devices. Thank you all for continuing work on this device. I would definitely love you buy everyone who has had a hand in these builds a drink. Sorry for rambling. Thank you.

Drivers are enabled but firmware is not present. We don’t ship full firmware package with the image. Minimal version is hand picked selection for on-board wireless adaptors.

You can install it with: apt install armbian-firmware-full and it should work.

If you have some odd hardware revision, you might need to seek for some alternative firmware. That is possible but very unlikely.

That is awesome. I am very much looking forward to giving this a go. Thank you for the quick response. I am planning on getting one of the metal cases that support dual 2.5" drives and i am planning on making a 12v battery pack with 18650 batteries. May make it a tad bulky but should make for one awesome travel device. I’ll let you know how it works. I get home next week. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hello,

On first thank you for an armbian image for Banana PI R2.

I have installed It.

I have delete br0 (apt purge vlan ifenslave)

When I connect lan0 I have on log : mt7530 mdio-bus:00 lan0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control off

With command ip a

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000 link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000 link/ether 3a:06:73:96:22:d5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 3: wan@eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000 link/ether 3a:06:73:96:22:d5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 4: lan0@eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default qlen 1000 link/ether 3a:06:73:96:22:d5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 5: lan1@eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000 link/ether 3a:06:73:96:22:d5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 6: lan2@eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000 link/ether 3a:06:73:96:22:d5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff 7: lan3@eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000 link/ether 3a:06:73:96:22:d5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

But I don’t obtain an IP by DHCP or not possible to use a static IP

And I have root@bananapir2:~# systemctl status networkwing.service Unit networkwing.service could not be found.

Do you have an idea for solve this issue.

Thank you for your help

But If I do I open a new Topic.

do you want to get ip on lan0 via dhcp or on the computer connected to lan0?

Last option meeds dhcp-server running on r2 and listening on lan0,first option needs lan to configured as dhcp-client