BPI-M3 new image:Kali-xfce-bpi-m3-sd-emmc.img 2016-5-12

If you still have a problem with the RDP connection, you can check: sudo apt install tightvncserver :slight_smile: It works for me :slight_smile:

Okay nice I try it later :slight_smile:
Thank you

you also can study bpi-tools , it let you run this miage also on BPI-M2, and or burn it to SD card with a commond ,or build yourself image .:slight_smile:

Can I turn on the network wifi adapter in monitoring mode? I would like to use kali linux to check the security company. He wants to check if the wifi network is well secured. He wants to do it with the help of bananapi m3 - but so far have not found a solution - perhaps someone from you already tried to do something like that? I want use WIFITE from kali linux package.

:slight_smile:

PHY Interface Driver Chipset

phy0 wlan0 ??? Broadcom 43430

ERROR adding monitor mode interface: command failed: No such device (-19)

root@kali:~# wifite

.;’ ;, .;' ,;';, ;, WiFite v2 (r87) .;' ,;' ,;';, ;,;, :: :: : ( ) : :: :: automated wireless auditor ':. ':. ‘:. /\ ,:’ ,:’ ,:’ ':. ':. /\ ,:’ ,:’ designed for Linux ':. /___\ ,:’ / \

[+] scanning for wireless devices… [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done [+] enabling monitor mode on wlan0… done …

when i try use WIFITE - WIFI interface stop working…

I am not sure but I think the onboard Wifi-Adapter dindn’t support Monitor mode so you need a extern USB-Wifi-Adapter like ALFA or the TP-Link TL-WN722N with Monitor Mode support. The Problem is that there are no working driver for the BPI-M3 at the moment. :frowning:

I was looking for information, but found nothing. Thanks for the info - I’ll try with external devices - if you manage to run it, let me know :slight_smile:

No problem :slight_smile: I think with the 4.6 mainline kernel it should work fine so maybe the BPI-Team helps us :wink: At the moment there is no chance I think… I try many different thinks to get the TL-WN722N working for the BPI-M3 - but nothing.

I hope someone will help us - and If I know new Informations I will tell you :slight_smile:

If someone get’s problems with xrdp (RDP) you can fix that with

update-rc.d xrdp enable

after that just reboot your BPI and it should work fine !

I have written a guide How to: “Expand Filesystem for Kali-Linux”, for all the guys who need more storage I hope it helps you :wink:

In new image, Can you disable thermal throtting or increase limit thermal throtting over 80 celcius ?.

They can’t. Since they don’t care. They got weird stuff from Allwinner (an Android kernel and some crazy scripts around) and they never looked into. They do not even test the crappy OS images they push out.

Get an A20 based Banana Pi from 2 years ago (or any of the other A20 based devices they copied their stuff from). Or loose :slight_smile:

Yes… I think I can do it, I found the method to resolve this issue… . I compile file sys_config.fex in direction BPI-BOOT\bananapi\bpi-m3\linux. I change some value:

[ths_para] ths_used = 1 ths_trend = 0 ths_trip1_count = 6 ths_trip1_0 = 100 ths_trip1_1 = 110 ths_trip1_2 = 120 ths_trip1_3 = 130 ths_trip1_4 = 140 ths_trip1_5 = 150 ths_trip1_6 = 0 ths_trip1_7 = 0 ths_trip1_0_min = 0 ths_trip1_0_max = 1 ths_trip1_1_min = 1 ths_trip1_1_max = 2 ths_trip1_2_min = 2 ths_trip1_2_max = 3 ths_trip1_3_min = 3 ths_trip1_3_max = 5 ths_trip1_4_min = 5 ths_trip1_4_max = 7 ths_trip1_5_min = 7 ths_trip1_5_max = 7 ths_trip1_6_min = 0 ths_trip1_6_max = 0 ths_trip2_count = 1 ths_trip2_0 = 105

After I compile file sys_config.fex to scipt.bin and copy script.bin file into two direction: BPI-BOOT\bananapi\bpi-m3\linux\script.bin BPI-BOOT\script.bin

Inset SD card into Bpi-M3 and get result it is my test with kali linux:

1 Like

You must be kidding! You manipulated throttling settings (very easy) and are now ready to destroy this crappy hardware. Use cpuburn-a7 https://github.com/ssvb/cpuburn-arm to get the idea.

You now have a Banana Pi M3 running at 1800 MHz / 70 °C while being totally idle (insane!). So now put some load on it and watch the whole device shutting down.

What you (and the @sinovoip support muppet that liked your post) have overseen is the definition of ths_trip2 – as soon as this temperature is reached a clean shutdown will be executed. So to be ready to destroy this crappy hardware you have to increase this too

ths_trip2_0 = 155

Or what are you trying to do? You just want to use this device idle? Or should A83T do some work?

Thank you reply tkaiser… :grin: … In my test I run some program to temperature increase… Simple. I only want when temperature of bpi-m3 reach to 65 but It not descrease CPU clock. I will run with my project and give you my result soon… :grin:

This defines when the kernel initiates a shutdown.

• Are you able to understand that an SBC with a SoC that reaches already 70°C when being TOTALLY IDLE is a design flaw (do a web search for ODROID-C2 to get the idea what’s missing on crappy M3: mounting holes and a LARGE heatsink)
  • Are you able to understand that the THS settings you chose are crap since the first THS trip point is just 5°C below the shutdown treshold?
  • Are you able to understand that you got the wrong device since BPi M3 can not do real workloads on all 8 CPU cores while running at high clockspeeds?

You now have an octa-core board that insanely overheats while doing nothing. If you put some slight load on it it will shutdown with your settings. If you increase ths_trip2_0 it will crash/freeze instead. Why did you look for an octa-core design when you don’t need CPU power? Or do you want to use the device all the time being absolutely idle?

i just want to say : your are this crappy guy. you always to hit yourself face :slight_smile:

Here, you don’t get any respect.I can’t imagine why lionwang let you stay here

When will be possible turning on the network wifi adapter in monitoring mode?

1. You need a Wifi-Adapter that support monitor mode like TP-Link TL-WN722N or a Alfa-Device. [Compatible-Adapter]

2. You need a driver for the BPI.

So for the WN722N-Adapter you have to wait for the linux-headers release [https://github.com/erickcion/tlwn722n-linux-install]

If you use a other device you can search for some informations in the internet.

Hello!

I formated my sd card to fat32 and burned the img to it with win32diskimager. After it I pluged card in to the banana pi but it doesn’t boot. All of the lights turn on and I get the Banana Pi logo on screen. After it the Banana Pi turns of, so there is no screen and lights anymore.

What should I do?