2. username & password: pi/bananapi , root/bananapi
  3. support HDMI 1080P & 720P(default)
  4. support eMMC
  5. support GMAC
  6. support WIFI
  7. support SATA
  8. support bpi-bootsel cmd to switch mode
  9. support uEnv.txt to fatload script.bin & uImage
  10. support uEnv.txt to set video 1080P & 720P & 480P …
  11. support power max. up to 2.5A ~ for DC-IN.
  12. support video play 1080p with vdpau (mpv)
  13. support GPU PowerVR SGX544MP (glmark2-es2)
  14. chromuim default turn on webgl (chrome://gpu, modify /etc/chromium-browser/default)
  15. support youtube video play
  16. support flash video play.
  17. support scratch 2.0
  18. change usb0 setting with script.bin from otg mode to host only (fix: Average load always above 1)

Google Drive download link:

MD5: f96b2b0486c919c95142b87ae7d54935

2 Likes

Although not perfect yet, this is a move in the right direction. Providing a 1.5 GB preinstalled image is still not the optimal solution, people should be allowed to choose what to install.

I tried a plain install with this image, and after removing a few hundred packages the unit seems to run fine with low load. However, I tried installing “powertop” and when starting that the unit froze (I had to unplug the power) after giving this output to the shell:

unknown op '{'

When you provide a newer kernel, please consider (modular?) support for I/O accounting. Currently, this is what happens when trying to run iotop:

root@bananapi:~# iotop 
Could not run iotop as some of the requirements are not met:
- Linux >= 2.6.20 with
  - I/O accounting support (CONFIG_TASKSTATS, CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT, CONFIG_TASK_IO_ACCOUNTING)

I see that there are several kernel module trees under /lib/modules:

root@bananapi:/lib/modules# ls
3.3.0-BPI-M2-Kernel  3.4.109-sunxi  3.4.39-02-lobo  3.4.39-BPI-M3-Kernel  4.2.6-sunxi

Does this mean that any of the other kernels will work? Can the M3 boot with a 4.2.6 kernel?

not boot with 4.2.6 ,we need time to do this work ,or other user can help us.

Kodi work with this image?

Wifi is working, the default language is english. @sinovoip , guys, you’re great! thank you!

1 Like

kodi is not support on this image . :sweat_smile:

Trying to use LightDM/LXDE with this image, I’m not allowed to log in. The log shows this entry:

Apr 29 16:05:14 bananapi systemd-logind[296]: Failed to apply ACLs: Operation not supported

It seems this problem is also related to the kernel compile options, if the information at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=726369 is correct (a bit difficult without knowing the M3’s compile options…)

In chromium, when I uncheck “use hardware acceleration when available” - youtube and every site working faster. Thats correct ?

Does not work for me fluently, opengl slower than with ubuntu image from 4/25. Video playback sucks in browser. But okay with downloaded mp4 files in VLC or the like. Chrome with hardware accel.&webgl on is slow as hell, but can play some webgl demos from the web. No sound from audio jack. This is an issue since the beginning in December 15.

Today, Id recommend the ubuntu image from 4/25/16 from the forum, its too large for a download and also not perfect, but works best out of the box. http://forum.banana-pi.org/t/bpi-m3-new-image-ubuntu-mate-16-04-beta-v1-0-2016-04-25/1528/14?u=amas

Hi,

If you want a user to help you, then please provide a way for us to work with you. Did you see my post on the Ubuntu Image thread ?

Cheers,

Damien

Managed to get the image to emmc, but it does not support apt-get update && upgrade. Or rather it starts but then fails - dont use this immage for emmc. It will fit the 8GB but does not have room for updates or other extras. Would it be too much to require a light build without extras down to a say +4 size or smaller. And maybe without desktop but with ssh running?

呵呵,这么久了还没出一个稳定的版本

mount 有很严重的问题 更改默认的密码后无法自动挂载(需要手动确认,或者命令挂载)

这个问题从去年开始延续到现在 太失望了

多嘴:能不能出一个server版