BPI-M3 new image:Debian-8-jessie-mate-gpu-bpi-m3-sd-emmc.img 2016-5-16

Just out of curiousity: Does this image here work when powered through the OTG port: http://kaiser-edv.de/tmp/2m8dxM/Semi_Armbian_5.07_M3.7z (Debian 8)

The image loaded, the red, blue and green went on. Banana pi logo got displayed then something happened instead of black screen like before.

Now it dont move from this last output/message

but the leds of blue and green keep blinking.

This is normal behaviour, we (Armbian) do an automated FS resize and the 1st boot takes some time followed by one automated reboot.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that tkaiser, i was not so patient so deleted itā€¦ going burn it again and wait and see. I have good feeling about your image :slight_smile:

Please donā€™t expect too much. I made this image just for my own use so I donā€™t have to throw M3 away (headless server now ā€“ the only use case so far). ā€˜Development historyā€™ can be found late in this thread: BPI-M3 new image:bpi-m3 Ubuntu 16.04 Beta Mate

Itā€™s a hybrid between Armbian and u-boot/kernel from @sinovoip (Armbian repos disabled so it survives an apt-get upgrade unlike @sinovoipā€™s Armbian rip-offs) and regarding all the userland stuff you can have a look at Armbian docs. But itā€™s not a full Armbian image since we donā€™t support M3 (due to the many design flaws and state of ā€“ almost non-existing ā€“ community support)

yes ,we do nothing :relaxed: and all our hardware have flaws , you know how to do a hardware ?? if you can ,just try to do your best hardware , if not ,please learn how to do a product . You are too funny, as me know ,you want to do something with orange pi , so you always say our design flaws.:joy:

you know what issue you have ,Please try to do your own thing

Howw long time does it normally take? it still on the same line not changed sense my last replay

Then time to give up and you need to use the barrel plug (my image also uses the new PMIC settings so most likely no reboot is triggered but system froze). This 1st boot shouldnā€™t take longer than 3 minutes.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for confirming that so i should not wait anymore :slight_smile:

Hi all. I install debian 8 jessie Lite for my eMMC. I update & upgrage Debian with command sudo apt-get update & sudo apt-get upgrade but when I reboot Bpi-M3 . Bpi-M3 canā€™t boot form eMMC. I only see the red led light , Blue and Green Led is not.

If the ā€˜debian 8 jessie Liteā€™ is one of the Armbian rip-offs the @sinovoip support muppet is so proud of then most likely the reason is that they didnā€™t deactivated Armbian repositories. If it looks like that on this image

root@orangepiplus2e:/# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list                                                                                                 
deb http://apt.armbian.com jessie main

then apt-get upgrade will most likely install a new u-boot package suitable for any of the H3 devices we support. So this will brick your installation. And as we all know the @sinovoip support muppet and the other ā€˜Team BPiā€™ members are busy all day long posting weird tutorials that do not work or fake videos or ignoring user questions so that they simply have no time to test any of the crappy OS images they provide. :slight_smile:

Do you get the idea what to expect from this ā€˜greatā€™ device? But youā€™re not alone (see the star ratings): https://www.conrad.de/de/search.html?search=banana+pi+m3&source=suggest&sc.queryFromSuggest=true (this as any other german reseller was unfortunate enough to believe in 'Team BPiā€™s lies and tries to market the M3 as being SATA capable, fast and receiving good Linux support. And now wonders why customer after customer returns their M3)

EDIT: You can check the output of

dpkg -l | egrep "armbian| linux"

If you find a line containing the words ā€˜u-bootā€™ as below then you know which u-boot package will overwrite @sinovoipā€™s bootloader later and prevents booting:

ii  linux-dtb-dev-sunxi              5.07                      armhf        Linux DTB, version 4.6.0-rc1-sunxi
ii  linux-firmware-image-dev-sunxi   5.07                      armhf        Linux kernel firmware, version 4.6.0-rc1-sunxi
ii  linux-headers-dev-sunxi          5.07                      armhf        Linux kernel headers for 4.6.0-rc1-sunxi on armhf
ii  linux-image-dev-sunxi            5.07                      armhf        Linux kernel, version 4.6.0-rc1-sunxi
ii  linux-jessie-root-bananapim2plus 5.11                      armhf        Root file system tweaks for bananapim2plus
ii  linux-libc-dev:armhf             3.16.7-ckt25-2            armhf        Linux support headers for userspace development
ii  linux-u-boot-bananapim2plus-dev  5.07                      armhf        Uboot loader 2016.03

Thank you very much tkaiser !. I am very disappointed with Bpi-M3. It have any problems with OS. In Debian when I update with command sudo apt-update & sudo apt-get upgrade and reboot . Bpi-M3 can not boot from SD card after rebootā€¦

Hi. How to enable WiFi under that image? Iā€™m able only to use eth0ā€¦ Another thing is after updating I receive karnel panic error during shutdown. Could you fix that, please?

if you want to use wifi, please see here: http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Getting_Started_with_M3#WiFi_Client

whatā€™s error? do you have log?

The problem with wifi is that I cannot use it.My Banana M3 simply doesnā€™t see it. Only lan. ifconf

Where can I find error log during shutdown? Anyway I have made a photos what is happening . So Itā€™s starts like that: Resize%20of%20WP_20180703_11_29_14_Pro

Resize%20of%20WP_20180703_11_29_17_Pro Resize%20of%20WP_20180703_11_29_27_Pro

Hi Jackzeng. Do you have any idea why is that error?

Hello, when you reset M3, did M3 connect other device?

Like SATA drive etcā€¦? Then yes. It works quite normal except sometimes system like throw unexpeced errorā€¦ or sometimes like to restart itself. Other strange behavior is fact that when choose system shutdown, instead got restart.

Hello, tomorrow I will update a Ubuntu-server imageļ¼Œit seems okļ¼Œand could you have a testļ¼ŸI will give you image link tomorrow怂

Sure I will. Could you tell me what those errors from shutdown screen are? And why I donā€™t see mmc memory?