BPI-M3 new image:Debian 8.3 Jessie Mate for BPI-M3 GPU PowerVR SGX544MP (20160322)

Debian 8.3 Jessie Mate for BPI-M3 GPU PowerVR SGX544MP (20160322)

1. BPI-M3 kernel 3.4
  2. username & password: root/bananapi
  3. support HDMI 1080P & 720P(default)
  4. support eMMC
  5. support GMAC
  6. support WIFI
  7. support SATA
  8. support bpi-bootsel cmd to switch mode
  9. support uEnv.txt to fatload script.bin & uImage
  10. support uEnv.txt to set video 1080P & 720P & 480P …
  11. support power max. up to 2.5A ~ for DC-IN.
  12. support GPU PowerVR SGX544MP
  13. with glmark2-es2 gpu demo
  14. fixed upgrade issue.

download google driver link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_YnvHgh2rwjeHFRSEV2WTU3b3M/view?usp=sharing

MD5: 632b8d951a3716018f65b631e1b74b47

2 Likes

@sinovoip is it possible to migrate from ubuntu mate? or i must fully re-burn image?

now , you need fully re-burn image .

but later ,you will have a way let user use one SD card to boot all BPI SBC board. with bootsel

Since there is no available kernel updates yet, we will need to wait to find out if the upgrade issue (Update Rasbian and Debian failed) has been fixed.

This image, too, suffers from the “load always 1 or more” issue (https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-M3-bsp/issues/3). @sinovoip you have closed the issue without fixing the problem - why is this not yet resolved?

i have ask our R&D ,about “load always 1 or more” issue , can you give us more explain, so we can try to fixed it.

very thank you.

It’s so funny how you fool your customers! Again and again, the most moronic way to deal with customers (but since they’re happy with it they deserve it to be treated like that). Do you lack reading skills? The post you answered already contains the link to the Github issue your so called R&D simply ignored.

All you have to do is to make 1 to 0 in https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-M3-bsp/blob/e7e0a33709f1e71780b803f2ff5130ad83d52bc1/sunxi-pack/chips/sun8iw6p1/configs/BPI_M3_1080P/sys_config.fex#L985

In addition to Dragan’s response below, the attached image shows what the problem looks like.

It’s unbvelievable that you’re not even able to understand what your customers want. They don’t want to use one image being able to boot different boards (since they never buy a second board if they realise what a huge mistake it is to buy a product from a vendor who doesn’t give a shit about customer’s needs). They want to be able to upgrade the images they already use and not being forced to start from scratch again.

When do you start to try to think from a customer’s perspective? Get out of the playground. You, your so called R&D team and your boss might be excited that you managed after a very very long time to produce one OS image that can be used with some of your boards. But that’s not interesting for anyone outside your company.

You committed a lot of fixes to your Github repo the last months. Why do you prevent customers from being able to make use of them? Why don’t you implement online upgrading capabilities in your OS images?

Since you don’t care about customers. That’s the inconvenient truth.

No image needed, the Github issue opened by a user who tried to help the vendor almost 4 months ago contained both a description every developer should be able to understand and already a link to the solution: https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-M3-bsp/issues/3

And what did Sinovoip do? Close the issue and ignore the problem. Since 4 months already. And that’s all you can expect from them. Fake videos showing features of their OS images that do not work in reality, developing features that might impress their boss but no one else and ignoring their user’s needs. This is also known as ‘the Sinovoip experience’.

I’ve seen the ticket and several forum discussions about this, and I am sorry I didn’t read those before buying the M3. If I had known, I would never have acquired it. That said, I would - obviously - like to see Sinovoip listen to requests and track forum discussions for feedback to improve their product so it might at some stage become usable.

I don’t know how the developers manage their time and I don’t want to speculate. However, if more people voice their concerns (and disappointments), they might pay more attention. That’s why I’ve been commenting on the last few images, and someone from @sinovoip noticed. Whether they actually do something about it remains to be seen.

Finally, I completely agree with you on the matter of what the user base wants: A working, minimal base OS that can be upgraded without having to reinstall the whole system.

Why should they? They’ve been shown proof of evidence that their customer base consists solely of morons who are happy buying stuff that does not work as advertised. Why should they change anything? They know that every customer they have now is already lost since he rather sooner than later realises that he has been fooled by broken promises, crappy OS images and non-existing support.

So they focus on new customers using the Banana brand to trick people into believing M2, M3, M2+ and the next incompatible boards they’ll release sometimes in the future would have something in common with the original Banana Pi M1. As long as customers don’t try to return their products and ask for a refund nothing will change.

Now customers ask politely in the forums how to get even the most basic things to work. Just to wait days and weeks for an answer that never happens while @sinovoip is rolling on the floor laughing his ass off. Especially in the M2 forum it’s easy to get an idea how ‘vendor support’ is defined by Sinovoip.

Sweet idea, read this postings, see when it was started and what you have by now… well at least Mate.

How to enable the Bluetooth Device? I can’t connect my device with Debian

Thanks

Maybe, it should be better to stop buying shity material with a company who does not care about the customers.

Is not a monkey… who is trying to imitate a monkey !

I have just made some tests with the last Raspberry pi 3. It’s is really evolutive and stable. And… the cherry on the cake, WIFI & Bluethooth are perfectly running on any distrib!

35 USD only for not maso people :slight_smile:

Wanna confirm if this image supports HW acceleration for mplayer or VLC? And it that possible to rotate the screen by 90 degree with HW acceleration (video is rotated also). I got a banana pi PRO; it is able to rotate the screen. But the video is not rotated. They use Mali400MP.

Of course it doesn’t. Since Sinovoip neither contributes to the linux-sunxi community nor takes any notice they’ve overseen that HW acceleration for video decoding is available (A83T and A64 use the same video hardware) so you might succeed following this guide (leaving out the sunxi-mali stuff of course).