BPI-M1+ Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial)

Hello, first of all thanks for dev this device. Works great… Can someone provide a Ubuntu Server 16.04 (Xenail) image with preinstalled ssh?

Would be great… thanks

Since I searched for a working OS image for the M3 and did found none here I stumbled accross Armbian. They have SSH enabled, M1/M1+ are fully supported and it seems they added Xenial support with their next release: http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/881-prepare-v51-v201604/

If they provide Xenial next time I try to switch from Bananian/Jessie to Armbian/Xenial with my BPi Pro also :slight_smile:

Hi Brian, thanks for your answer…!! Yes I’m following Armbian as well and also worked with their images (Trusty)… works quite well, also hardware support is excellent… the thing is, it’s a Ubuntu Images with X installed (xfce)… the do-release-upgrade doesnt work as expected and even installing the ubunt-server packages via tasksel breaks something (dont have a screen to check whats going wrong), also deinstaling the X packages it’s problematic. I think they are working on Xenial on Armbian. I hope also they are compiling a ubuntu-server image… Give you an answer later and I’m going to re-check the forum for new answer.

I give you a message if I will find something.

Cheers

1 Like