BananaPI-W2 Ubuntu 18.04 New Image Release 2018-09-17

switch SW4 to 1,and reboot it again.

switch SW4 to 1 than has boot from SD card .but i need it boot from emmc

did you update the spi rom? if yes,you just only switch SW4 to 1,it could boot from SD card or EMMC

When I am opening a website my window get crash I dont know why its happening Ignou MAPC Project

it cant update spi rom ,i has got a errer 0 when update

Hi! I planned to use sd-card as additional storage and boot board from emmc. But boot is failed with inserted sd-card. Is it possible to fix?

Change fstab first. Use UID instead of dev. Sw4 to 0 position.

Do you have kernels for ubuntu18 with working secondary eth?

if your board startup log print “SPI ROM:20180907”

Where (or what) is the “startup log print” ? uart don’t display any “SPI ROM"

Any other way to get this version ?

This version prints it in uart during boot. If you do not see it there - you have older SPI ROM

OK, I need to flash the SPI. Can you give a link that explain step by step procedure to do it ?

I read in this forum that someone has bricked the W2 by flashing the SPI.

Is it a risky job ?

I have followed guide from first post in this thread and it worked for me.

SPI being used during boot always poses a risk of brick if flashing stuff with errors or suddenly breaking link during the procedure.

basic safety measures makes it virtually risk free:

• make sure cables used are not broken in a way that ‘works only if lying like this’ and you wont trip over them and disconnect if you need to move around
  • no general power issues in the building when starting the process (not really a factor when using laptop - bpi-w2 will draw power via usb-c to laptop cable and laptop has its own battery, power barrel is not even needed here)
  • verify download with md5sum or any other means provided by source (that would detect corrupted download. If not matching what you would expect - download again)
  • if you see something not like in the guide - make a picture of your screen or screenshot for asking for help in the forums (sometimes it is easier to say what might that be when seeing what you saw instead of description) and back away. That error you are seeing might be saying ‘you are about to screw up - are you sure you wish to do this?’

suck in the first guide line “Install usb driver” !

unzip Kylin_usb_tool_ver.0008.1005811

the “usb_driver/rtumdfdrv_071814_win7_win10_v2” hold

rtumdfdrv\32\Release\WUDFUpdate_01009.dll rtumdfdrv\32\Release\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll rtumdfdrv\32\Release\rtumdfdrv.cat rtumdfdrv\32\Release\rtumdfdrv.dll rtumdfdrv\32\Release\rtumdfdrv.inf rtumdfdrv\32\Release\winusbcoinstaller2.dll rtumdfdrv\64\Release\WUDFUpdate_01009.dll rtumdfdrv\64\Release\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll rtumdfdrv\64\Release\rtumdfdrv64.cat rtumdfdrv\64\Release\rtumdfdrv64.dll rtumdfdrv\64\Release\rtumdfdrv64.inf rtumdfdrv\64\Release\winusbcoinstaller2.dll

but no .exe file

Web search for “install USB driver”: use Device Manager, Right-click Unknown Device or Other Device but there are nothing like that (neither in Universal Serial Bus controllers).

Did I miss something ?

Must I install mp-tool first ?

it was awhile ago so i might be remembering it wrong but this was done through device manager.

most likely it didn’t register you having usb key pressed while booting (keep button pressed and after that plug usb-c). I forgot if I had to keep it pressed for a moment longer after powering it on. if you ever flashed android phone with custom ROM / Recovery - think of this process as booting bpi-w2 into bootloader / download mode

when you have bpi-w2 usb key pressed (as in picture) while plugging it into the laptop it will be added to device manager - either as generic device (needs drivers update update - see guide) or as sth more specific (forgot what - tool should recognise that directly (no drivers update needed).

you can open that tool.exe (step 3) and see if it detects as in the picture - if it does, you have drivers already. if it does not - go to device manager and look for “realtek generic USB class” (step 4). right click > update driver > point to your extracted directory and go through the process.

I do not remember if i needed to restart my w2 after install to get it showing up in the tool or it just showed up there after installing drivers.

keep it pressed for a moment longer after powering it on

C1:80000000

C2

?uu3-1

keep button pressed and after that plug usb-c

[GO]

ST

[GO]

ST

repeated 12 times.

rtumdfsample display only default golden icon (clicked on all 12 device button)

GO ST GO …

is the way to go i guess (C1 … C2 looks more like normal boot) tool would display nothing as in your case

check device manager - should see generic device to ‘update driver’

Thank a lot Kamil.

With your hints I was able to flash SPI with the new rom. And run Kali linux from emmc.

One thing missing in the guide: the SW4 must first set to 0. It work when SW4 is 1 but fail with the last command line (rtkemmc read 0x01500000 91286 700000 chain 0x01500000).