Banana Pi R2 + Bootloader

It is better to use Baleno Ethcer It is available for Windows, Linux and Mac.

It can uncompress the image itself. so no need to uncompress it manually.

@jb2002 have a working way,why should he change his way? Win32diskimager is more popular.

Have you tried changing opkg.conf? What was configured before?

Hi, Win32DIskImager works very good. Before compiling you have to select the modules in “make menuconfig” of OpenWRT. The selected modules are packages after compiling

Use the Image Builder to include the packages in kernel image

In the extracted image builder directory:

make image PACKAGE=“package1 package2 …and so on”

[OpenWrt Wiki] Using the Image Builder

Not all OPKG Packages working from default from OpenWRT repositiory (TCPDUMP is working with OPKG online, but luci have to be include from local package with image builder)

Best regards Joerg

did you need changing the config or does it work out of the box for packages like tcpdump?

It Works out of the Box -compiled with 19.07.5

In addition to that Here is an example using the imagebuilder

[openwrt-imagebuilder-mediatek-mt7623.Linux-x86_64/] make image PACKAGES=“isc-dhcp-relay-ipv4 ethtool iftop kmod-arptables kmod-ebtables-ipv4 kmod-fs-ext4 mcproxy kmod-ipt-ipset kmod-vxlan kmod-nf-conntrack-netlink kmod-nf-conntrack kmod-ipt-dhcpmac -dnsmasq”

The result will be found under

openwrt-imagebuilder-mediatek-mt7623.Linux-x86_64/bin/targets/mediatek/mt7623/ [openwrt-imagebuilder-mediatek-mt7623.Linux-x86_64 = extraction from Openwrt comilation]

Best regards Joerg

Is the imagebuilder part of openwrt? Can this also be done with root makefile (calling imagebuilder with args)?

Yes, imagebuilder is part of OpenWRT. You have to activate the imagebuilder unser “make menuconfig”. I did not try the imagebuilder with root. I used it with user rights.

i meant not the user root…the makefile in openwrt source-root-folder.

as you do make menuconfig and make kernelconfig, it maybe have a command to call imagebuilder. e.g. make image params

Hi, the configuration is stored in a template file “.config”. This file will be used by OpenWRT makefile.