Banana Pi M3 Linux Kernel Module for MIPI DSI

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect my BPI M3 (using Ubuntu 16.04) with a display using the MIPI DSI interface. Therefore I am searching the kernel modules for MIPI DSI, but I dont find anything.

When I run lsmod in my terminal I only get the loaded modules and there is for example MIPI CSI but no DSI. If I look to all .ko files I can not find any files for DSI. Even Google can not help me.

Does anyone know, where to find these kernel modules on bpi or somewhere in online? Help please :slight_smile:

find and open your uEnv.txt, you will see “touch=xxxx”;

If you use HC070TG lcd7 screen, the touch should be like this “touch=gt9xxnew_ts”, if not, “touch=ft5xx”

you could try to find “find / -name gt9xx*.ko” or “find / -name ft5xx*.ko”

MIPI DSI is a part of disp, which is builtin.

Thank you a lot for answering :slight_smile:

I’m still not clear on everything

I opened uEnv.txt, but there wasnt anywhere something like “touch” But I found both modules at /kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/… So I guess their are not loaded yet? Anyway I found out, that these are only driver for a touchscreen and not specific for MIPI DSI but used for MIPI DSI?

I also found disp in builtin. There is a path “/disp2” with disp.ko and hdmi.ko. But I would expect a dsi.ko if there is also a hdmi.ko.

Are you sure, that MIPI DSI is included in disp.ko?

I meant the display driver in kernel, not disp.ko. You should take a look at drivers/video/sunxi/

How can I look at the drivers/video/sunxi?

I tried it manually with “cd” and I can navigator until I reach: pi@bpi-iot-ros-ai:/lib/modules/3.4.39-BPI-M3-Kernel/kernel/drivers/video but there is no direktory “sunxi” just “backlight” and “fbtft”.

I also tried to see it with cat /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/modules.builtin | more But this way I can also just see two path: drivers/video/sunxi/disp2/disp/disp.ko and drivers/video/sunxi/disp2/hdmi/hdmi.ko