Banana Pi BPI-R2 Open Source smart router with MTK 7623N design

Ha ha, if it have 2 blank mini Pcie slot BPI-R2 will be better in alot of situation. I know SOC has 3 pcie lane but R2 use only 2, one for sata chip We can chose MT7603 and MT7612 for Dual band wifi (cheaper than MT7615

Sorry i did not read boot log i will do it now.

Ok. I read

i read both datasheet of ASM1062 & ASM1061 when i read about Witi Board, ASM1062 can use one or two lane PCIe, ASM1061 use one. But two lane for ASM1062 dont need because of limitation of gigabit port. Correct me if i’m wrong.

Exactly! ‘what change ? ?’ What’s the difference between 1.0 and 1.1? Why hardware had to be changed and in which way? These are the questions (you’ll never answer of course).

Look how hardware manufacturers that really follow ‘open source’ principles do this: Every single revision gets documented even if it’s just an internal prototype: https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/tree/master/HARDWARE/A64-OLinuXino

From time to time progress will be published, discussed with customers/community to eliminate mistakes and to pick up good ideas to improve the product: https://olimex.wordpress.com/?s=A64-OLinuXino

@sinovoip claims doing ‘open source hardware’ but does only the opposite. Everything is closed. No real open source hardware documents published, not even schematic, not a single line of code so far, this whole ‘open source’ babbling is Just Not True. But fortunately for you, your customers are happy with that. They love to be told ‘wait and see’ over and over again. You’re the most lucky guy on earth with such customers :joy:

i am not a R&D , you can just see what we do ,take pains.

Can you replace Power Jack with a useful 2nd mPci-e slot? :sleeping:

MTK7623N support 3 pcie interface , one for sata , one is standard pcie interface ,other one is for USB 3.0 port ,but can reuse with PIN define ,so if you not use USB 3.0 ,you can use 2 pcie interfact.

[quote=“sinovoip, post:87, topic:2697”] MTK7623N support 3 pcie interface , one for sata , one is standard pcie interface ,other one is for USB 3.0 port[/quote]

Do you realize how many times @oueirehoahttb already asked about PCIe? You ignored this all the time. And since no schematic and no other documents are available … ok, forget about it. What a waste of time trying to get any information from you.

Unlike those weird @sinovoip guys AsiaRF provided MT7623N data sheet when they tried to collaborate with MTK in the past: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/asiarf-tiny-linux-computer-with-wifi-and-ethernet#/

• USB3.0 Host x 2 (2nd port share w/ PCIe2.0)
  • PCIe2.0 Host x 3 (3rd port share w/ USB3.0)

So it’s about the second USB3 port that is in conflict with one more mPCIe slot? Really?

What did you try to say? What’s the ‘interfact’ you’re talking about? It is difficult to understand you without having schematic.

@s16

From the views of hardware placement and related descrition, we can see something between MT7623A and MT7623N.

for MT7623N , it should be using the separated switch name as MT7530 which could be found working as independent IC near the nework port. while I guess MT7623A should integrate the switch function into SoC inside.

sinovoip should be board maker, if you pay for them, they should be happy customize for you. i knew one board CAN’T satisfy everyone’s need. you can try to make understand if some pins out from the line of gpio if you want to build your own hardware from the prototype.

1 Like

hardware V1.0 is you first version for BPI-R2, we not sale it yet , and hardware need optimized ,so we do V1.1 , and now ,we volume production V1.1 and public sale.

Can we get v1.1 board physical size measurements before release? I’d maybe like to make a case for it in blender. I’d also like to know how hot it gets(under load), if I might need to include vents/heatsinks/a fan.

OK ,i wll update DXF file Monday. size is same as BPI-R1

Banana pi BPI-R2 source code open on github

I can’t find any datasheets for that IC, do you know whether this is a unmanaged or managed switch?

Are there any news on the release date? when we can order one?

You can buy this board now

This R2 looks very interesting … Is it possible to receive free samples?

greetings from Austria

it is a managed switch and supports most common features except “port trunking”. furthermore, mt7530 has upstream dsa driver and you can find openwrt swconfig driver below https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/ramips/files/drivers/net/ethernet/ralink/mt7530.c?rev=43194

1 Like

BPI-R2 is 7623N with HDMI , and we just sale it at 85 USD .:slight_smile:

yes , we can send a free sample to you when we instock.