share by mattrix
It's been a long time coming, but I finally got around to creating a new XBMC Image
Here are the main features:
- Latest KODI 14.0
- Auto-setup of KODI, MX Player & SMB Wrapper
- Autostart KODI on boot
- SMB Wrapper to allow playback of Network files
- 720p & 1080p Versions Available
- HIDRaw and Joystick Drivers + XPAD module loaded on boot
Both images playback videos fine, but the 720p image is quite a bit faster in the GUI.
The latest KODI is now capable of playing back most videos I tried natively.
However, it is still using quite a bit of CPU and may not playback everything.
I therefore decided to use MX Player for playback for a more consistent user experience.
720p (297 MB)
1080p (297 MB)
- Unzip image & burn with PhoenixCard
- Boot, and then wait.... (about 1-2 mins)
- KODI will automatically start (signalling the end of the installation process)
- That's it.
- If using 1080p version, exit KODI and set 1080P in Android Display settings
KODI is setup to use SMB Wrapper / MX Player for network files and to use MX Player for any local files.
You can easily edit or remove the playercorefactory.xml file in sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata folder.
To disable KODI autostart, remove sdcard/Android/data/mattrix/autostartkodi
Here are the changes:
Changes 02/01/2015 (3.1):
- Updated to Kodi 14.0
- Replace XBMC Wrapper with SMB Wrapper
Changes 13/11/2014 (3.0):
- Update XBMC to latest Kodi
- Remove "allow unverified apps" popup on boot
- Add HDIRaw and Joystick drivers
- Load xpad module on boot
- Fix "Mobile Networks" settings option doesn't work
Changes 11/11/2014 (2.0):
- Latest 3.4.39 Kernel
- Automated setup on first boot (no copying / pasting needed - just ready to roll)
- Autoboot into XBMC
- Added XBMC Wrapper App to wrap network files as HTTP streams
- Removed SuperSu App (this can be added via Playstore if required)
- Set CPU frequency settings on boot
Changes (Initial Release - 1.0):
- SD Card Storage Mount Fix
- Set to stock Android Launcher
- Ethernet Default to ON
- Remove all apps (can be added back via PlayStore if required)
- Add XBMC App
- Add MX Player
- Add SuperSu App
Give it a go and let me know any suggestions / problems!
This looks promising