A How To, for new users

@projectbananapi @sinovoip

Hi guys,

Have you considered, that absolut newbies will buy your product and have no clue where to start. All you give them is this ?

Come on guys, look a over the fence how LeMaker is doing it ! And NOT just copy & paste with wrong information. As just graduated students you know what it takes to write nice document - best thing is, to do it by yourself and write down all steps necessary.

And when done - write a BIG NOTE in the forum that it is available.

thank you , we will update document .

@Tido lol, how is lemaker doing anything better. They are just copying and pasting old start documents from themselves and bananapi.com.

Maybe its because of how to plug-in peripheral devices.

I fear I have to agree. Especially if you have a look how it can/should be eg. https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A20-OLinuXino-LIME2

@projectbananapi I didin’t watch the movies on this Website, if I compare your Website is not as good :frowning:

@tkaiser I didn’t look at your link in detail - it is NOT a quick start :smile:

Correct, you find this in detail in every Olimex user manual at the same place: chapter 2: https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A20/A20-OLinuXIno-LIME2/resources/A20-OLinuXino-LIME2-UM.pdf

My link was just an example how a manufacturer can provide informations:

• Everything in one place with links to other items where possible/necessary
  • Correct informations
  • Comprehensive informations
  • Use of order numbers that are reasonable

Unfortunately nothing applies to the situation with SinoVoip. You never know whether informations/specs are correct or not (maybe because they think this is just marketing stuff and nothing that really matters? At least they seem to not take care about ‘technical documentation’ at all). And informations are scattered around many places – many times even conflicting.

Again: Where’s the user manual for the M3? Somewhere hidden in a Google Drive directory there’s just one link to from a random forum post a few days/weeks ago. And they think that’s fine to ‘release’ documentation this way. But it won’t change since they don’t seem to even get the idea what’s wrong with this approach. Not a single reaction to something like this: Banana pi m3 OS Server Download speed Problem

It’s just unbelievable.